Tuesday 22 March 2016

GMC justice again

A last word on the shameful and wrong case where Christian Solomonides was victimised by the GMC, for expressing his opinion. I've already pointed out that the actions of the GMC are contrary to their own policy, and the human rights act. They also contradict the contractual right guaranteed to Mr Solomonides by his employer.

A practitioner shall be free, without prior consent of the employing authority, to publish books, articles, etc, and to deliver any lecture or speak, whether on matters arising out of his or her hospital service or not.”

Paragraph 330, national terms and conditions for senior hospital medical staff.

I'm wondering what legal representation Mr Solomonides had. Whoever it was did a pretty shit job in my view, and almost certainly charged a level of fees that doctors can only dream of.  I'm pretty sure I could have done a better job. If I were Mr Solomonides I'd ask for my money back.



No comments:

Post a Comment