Wednesday 30 May 2012

DZ gets it wrong

I posted recently on the BMA ballot over the pensions issue. I now have to eat humble pie and say that I was wrong in my predictions. The response rate of 50% may not seem high to some but it is far higher than I expected. And the results are not what I expected either.

Although I was wrong, I am nonetheless very pleased. Finally the sleeping tiger has woken. Doctors as a group have now united and stood up to oppose. And about fucking time too. They have put up with a great deal over the last few years, and laid down while successive governments have walked all over them over a number of issues. I expect the powers that be thought, as I did, that the profession was too apathetic to take a stand on any issue.

I do hope that, when this issue is resolved, the profession does not revert to it's previous recumbent state.

No comments:

Post a Comment