Wednesday 9 November 2011

Sorry!

I have had my attention drawn to the fact that the French satirical magazine "Charlie Hebdo"has already resumed publishing, despite having it's offices burned down after publishing a cartoon of mohammed. There is an article in the latest magazine commenting on the attack. Now I don't speak much French. Like most Brits I take the view that to get Johnny Foreigner to understand me I simply speak to him in English, as if he is deaf and stupid. I could be wrong but the impression I get in this article is that what they are suggesting is that they can reconcile their differences with the moslem extremists by employing the "make love not war" philosophy, as illustrated by this cartoon.
Somehow I get the feeling that a cartoon of mohammed wetly snogging a bloke is not going to bring the two sides any closer.

No comments:

Post a Comment